RE: [teacherartexchange] Touching up Elementary Projects??

---------

From: Melissa Woodland (melissawoodland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 14:25:02 PDT

I had a professor in college who would DRAW on our canvas to illustrate what
was wrong and it was very annoying. There was an older woman in the class
and toward the end of the semester she actually slapped his hand as you
would a child.

Personally I don't draw on my students' papers. What I will do, is draw on a
piece of scrap paper or (as I have done this past week with perspective
drawings) use tracing paper so they can see their lines underneath. Part of
my reasoning which I share with the students is that I already passed the
class, they need to prove THEY can do it and part of the reason is that I
might suggest something, but as the artist they can choose NOT to take my
advice. It's always up to them. So no, Woody - it's not just you!

Melissa w from pennsylvania