Re: [teacherartexchange] Touching up Elementary Projects??

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 09:31:30 PDT

On Oct 25, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Shannon McGraw wrote:

> Geez...........all I'm talking about is if a kid says, 'what's wrong
> with this hand?" and I show him 'this' line should be here instead of
> here...a 2" line!!??? Given your philosphy, we shouldn't correct
> grammar or suggest a better adjective because it's not giving them
> 'ownership' or 'uniqueness.'

Don't compare grammar with art, it's the old apples and oranges thing.
The other subject areas in school are not meant to teach creativity and
individually as the major concepts. With so many methods available to
teach skills in art, what we are saying is that we can teach correct
ways
to see and draw without marking on a students work, that's all.
I respectfully disagree with your reasoning,
                                                Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons