RE: [teacherartexchange] Grafitti-Total Freedom?

---------

From: Shannon McGraw (smcgraw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 08:40:55 PDT

Wait until someone grattfi's the back of your garage. It happened to me
(I still haven't figure out how to get rid of it since it's done on
white vinyl siding.. in deep, bright purple)...I didn't think it was
wonderfully creative...I felt violated and depressed...and shocked since
it's not what I envisioned for my neighborhood. So, honoring graffiti
honors the individual at the cost of the community. I don't get it.
But again..that's just me!