Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 24, 2006

---------

From: Michelle Best (michellebest_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 05:04:33 PDT

I have to agree with Woody. I am not an "old art teacher"....I've only been teaching for 4 years, but I also have a problem with the touch up stuff. I am constantly telling students that art is a personal expression of who we are. If we touch up what they've done, that only contradicts this idea. It also sends the message that their work is not good enough the way they made it. I, personally, feel this will somehow effect their confidence in the long run.

Michelle