[teacherartexchange] Touching up Elementary Projects??

---------

From: Julie Jacobusse (JacobusseJulie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 17:00:52 PDT

I have heard about elementary art teachers that fix/touch up student
projects by having students complete in B&W and use the copier to
enhance/fix projects. Then give back to students to color/paint them
later. This was for an art show project-but I am not sure how I feel
about this...what do all of you think? I think the students should learn
how to draw/do things and that not every projects that students do will
be awesome-there are special ed students More recently I painted over
projects that had major mess-ups and the next time they came in asked
them to fix/touch it up just for the sake of time element-its hard to
talk them through fix-ups when you have a whole group to keep an eye
on. Maybe I should have not done that either-but since it is
elementary-felt it was ok-but middle and high schoolers would get upset
I am sure.
Thanks-Julie Jacobusse from Michigan now in georgia :)

Ps-My year has been going good-been busy-as PTO and other things going
on have been keeping me extremely busy-making posters, murlas and
displays. Fell like I am the schools interior decorator-LOL.