Re:[teacherartexchange] Integrating PE and Art

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 08:23:33 PDT

Hi Paige,

Bravo to you and your PE teacher! I would talk local dance teachers.
See if you can get one to come in and help you. I had a dance teacher
come in and teach some ballet steps to my sixth graders. This went
along with my jungle unit. The students saw the ballet performance,
Jungle Book.
My students came up with dance movements for various animals. I had
several dance students in my classes so each one of them took a group
of students to work with. Ironically, that day was the only day some
of those students participated in PE activities.

I would get Greg Percy's Songs in the Key of Art and come up with
movements/dances for a number of those songs. "Picasso Polka" in
particular. A dance teacher could help you.

I hope more list members will come up with ideas for you.

Judy Decker