Re: [teacherartexchange] Grafitti-Total Freedom?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 18:38:38 PDT

On Oct 23, 2006, at 7:09 PM, dianegregory@grandecom.net wrote:

> I thought the whole point about graffiti art was to "destroy"
> property to call
> attention to the art. I thought of it as a form of civil
> disobedience. To get
> permission to do grafitti art would be against the whole idea.

Perhaps graffiti art means without permission. I for one am all in
favor of
protest and I have taken part in forms of civil disobedience, but always
for a cause that I thought was worth the possible risk. Arrest and
jail time
for a decent cause is a choice worth making. But painting a wall in
the dark
of night for the thrill of it, is akin to dumping out houses on
halloween.
                                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net