Re: [teacherartexchange] Grafitti-Total Freedom?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 18:00:55 PDT

While I can't condone painting others property without permission,
It is hardly fair to lump this illegal art with terrorism. I'm sure
there
are plenty of walls around where permission would be granted.

If he painted walls in Albuquerque, it would be painted over the next
day.
When we see any graffiti, all we do is phone the cities "graffiti hot
line" and
a truck comes by the next day to remove or cover it up. Our city is
fairly
graffiti free. It's a great city service.
                                        Woody

On Oct 23, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Jen Ellis wrote:

> No he does not have permission. He does everything in secret.
>
> He is called a "guerilla" artist, and a "terriorist" artist by others.
> Read the articles about him, and then click on the emails people sent.
> It is amazing how much people dislike him.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_terrorism
>
> So why do so many call him that?
>
> Jen-Cleveland, OH

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque