Re: [teacherartexchange] Acrylic Paint ?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 17:52:17 PDT

Clumpy acrylic paint, sounds like some of it already set up or dried.
Otherwise, turned to plastic - if that is the case then nothing can be
done. If the future I would suggest tuning the bottles upside down
for a few months and then back upright again, so on and so forth.
We did this and kept 2 liter containers of acrylic for several years.
Also, it's really important to put a date on new stock when it comes in.
And also to put the newest stock at the back of the shelf as well.
                                                Woody

On Oct 23, 2006, at 5:48 PM, pam smith wrote:

> We are doing a "Blacklight" art show for Halloween.
> The paint I have is acrylic "Bulk-Krylic" from Nasco.
> It is a year or more old, but not opened until this
> project. Some of the paint is clumpy, and some is
> smooth. Does any one know what causes this and is
> there anything I can do to unclump it. Adding water
> and mixing well doesn't seem to help.
>
> Mahalo
> Pam

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque