Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] loss of art?

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 12:37:34 PDT

There is no question that the electives will suffer. Washoe County (Reno Nv) is eliminating all its shop classes because there was a big push to add more math and science requirement and they have a 6 period day. The cost to add a 7th period is huge and they won't do it, so consequently they are cutting band, art and trades.

>>> 10/22/2006 6:53 am >>>
Hi everyone, I have a situation at my high school where the principal is considering going from seven periods a day to six periods a day. Many teacherw feel this will result in the loss of many electives such as art and band. Does anyone have first hand experience with this?
Thanks in advance.
Sue G