Re: [teacherartexchange] NEW! Getty Games

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 18:32:37 PDT

After testing out the games, I began to ask why ??? The element that is
missing is any knowledge about the items in the games. Other than
getting familiar with some art images, what else is there to learn.
There
needs to be a way for students to learn something about what they are
matching or finding details within. Does anyone have any suggestions
to make to getty ???
                                                Woody

On Oct 22, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Judy Decker wrote:

> Dear Art Educators,
>
> Getty now has some new art games on line:
> http://www.getty.edu/gettygames/
>
> I tried all of them at the easy level and harder level. Kids will
> like them.
> Play the Detail Detective, Matching Game, Switch (find five changes),
> and Puzzles...using favorites from the Getty collection.
>
> Detail Detective and Switch are both times games. Try them yourself
> and see how you do.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons