RE: [teacherartexchange] Grafitti-Total Freedom?

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 14:18:05 PDT

I've seen his work before online and always liked it. Sort of trompe
l'ol(sp?) and punny (and on some level political) at the same time. Looks
like stencil work in some areas as well. I see it more than just graffitti,
although it is in that tradition. I often wonder if Banksy gets permission
to put it on the outside of the buildings, and if not, how long does it take
to do in order not to be 'caught'. Banksy also seems astute as to put his
subject matter (like Bobbie's for example) against the backdrop of the
buildings.

San D

http://www.banksy.co.uk/menu.html

I'd like to hear people's opinions on this grafitti artist.

Banksy. Probably those from LA have seen his work.

Jen-Cleveland, OH