Re: [teacherartexchange] loss of art?

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 12:34:54 PDT

Hi Sue,

When this happened in my district years ago, I was the
newest kid on the block and lost my job! Here in FL
we went to the 6 period day about 10 years ago. Now
many larger counties are using their own $ to go back
to seven for the very reasons you stated - loss of
electives and choices for students with 6 periods.
I'd do everything I could to prevent this from
happening. Try to find specific, concrete info. from
other places who've tried it and use that info. to try
to keep your 7. Here's a start:

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/07/29/news_pf/Tampabay/To_pump_up_reading__s.shtml

http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/Home.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=RecordDetails&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED249602&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=eric_accno&objectId=0900000b80100286

Good luck!