Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] loss of art?

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 12:34:54 PDT

Hi Sue,

When this happened in my district years ago, I was the
newest kid on the block and lost my job! Here in FL
we went to the 6 period day about 10 years ago. Now
many larger counties are using their own $ to go back
to seven for the very reasons you stated - loss of
electives and choices for students with 6 periods.
I'd do everything I could to prevent this from
happening. Try to find specific, concrete info. from
other places who've tried it and use that info. to try
to keep your 7. Here's a start:

Good luck!

:D Wendy

--- "Gallagher, Sue" <> wrote:

> Hi everyone, I have a situation at my high school
> where the principal is considering going from seven
> periods a day to six periods a day. Many teacherw
> feel this will result in the loss of many electives
> such as art and band. Does anyone have first hand
> experience with this?
> Thanks in advance.
> Sue G
> ---