Re: [teacherartexchange] Real Beauty

---------

dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Oct 21 2006 - 18:11:07 PDT

Hi Patricia and all,

Much appreciated your comments, Patricia. I thought Dove is trying to find a
way to get people to engage in a dialogue about beauty. They even have a blog
site for people to make comments. I felt showing this add might be a good lead
into the topic of beauty that is usually trivialized by such comments as Beauty
is only skin deep...now that would be a powerful unit...Body image is becoming
a very serious issue for children and youth in our country.

Patricia, I too found it ironic that Dove was encouraging this kind of
dialogue...There must be a story behind this...I suspect it goes to the very
top of the business...I wonder.

Cheers,

Diane