Re: [teacherartexchange] Words of Wisdom for Elementary Teachers

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2006 - 11:21:49 PDT

Greetings Sarah and all,

Welcome to the list You will find that there is no wrong way to
present your lessons. Doing lessons that interest students is most
important. You want motivated learners. Many teachers will do the same
basic lessons from year to year. Others like to do new lessons each
year. Some teachers gear their lessons to what is being learned in
core classes to reinforce learning there. Others design lessons around
a theme (such as Passport around the world....or according the art
history time line).

Take a close look at the lessons that you have done this year. Make
some notes on what worked and what didn't. Which ones are keepers?
Even if you decide not to use them next year, you might want to use
them sometime in the future.

Take a look at the elementary art sites linked to Incredible Art
Department/Incredible Art Resources.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/4kids-4teach.htm
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/artroom/elementary/elemdepts.html

You will get hundreds of ideas.