Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Words of Wisdom

From: Sarah Coullard (miss_sarah99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2006 - 09:40:07 PDT

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Art Exchange. My name is Sarah and I am a first-year art
teacher from Michigan. I teach K-8 at a small Catholic school, and I love

Do any of you have any words of wisdom for a first-year teacher? Should I
work on developing a themed curriculum, or should I base my project ideas on
what the kids are interested in at the time (whether it's random or not)?
So far, I have been doing the latter.

I'd appreciate comments or suggestions you may have!

Thanks, and nice to meet you all....