Re: [teacherartexchange] Moving on to more enligtened conversations

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 08:46:18 PDT

>Another one of my friend's colleagues
requested
her entire collection; lessons, books, handouts, etc,
that had to do
with
value. For an art teacher to ask another teacher for
everthing she has
on
something is simply a teacher that is not doing her
job<

Maybe your friend could have pointed her colleague to
the resources that she used to develop her ideas on
value. If it were a "friend" who asked for all of her
ideas instead of her co-worker would she have shared
easily with no hard feelings?

In my experience it seems like the only people we mind
sharing with are the people that we dislike or with
whom we feel we are in competition. I notice on the
list we all share and poach freely... and no one in
Maine has ever gotten mad if someone in Oregon used
their exact lesson. The whole Incredible Art
Department is based on the idea that teachers need
better ideas to get them started...sort of like points
to depart from as my design teacher always said.-
Mikel