RE: [teacherartexchange] Moving on to more enligtened conversations

---------

From: Shannon McGraw (smcgraw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 08:23:05 PDT

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....respecting boundaries....saying 'no' to someone because
when all they merely want is what you've worked so hard
for..geez!...being afraid to say 'no' because you'll be accused of being
'rude' or perhaps, racist? Sounds like an issue facing more than just
the teaching profession...like our whole country? Here's another USA
disease...no consequences for illegal actions....cheating as an
appropriate means to an end...absolutely no shame, no matter what the
behavior.......
Sorry.......couldn't help myself. I totally agree with you...Guillani
got NYC under control with the 'broken windows' theory...that when you
stop bad behavior with the small things and it will inspire larger
changes. The idea that in your own world you're supposed to ignore
wrong behavior because someone is dying in another part of the world,
misunderstands that the macrocosm is reflected in all the little
microcosms of the universe.