Re: [teacherartexchange] my response- still about poaching

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 11:21:42 PDT

On Oct 19, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Peggy Woolsey wrote:

> So It's not so much the "poaching" but the fact that I am concerned
> about the level of understanding
> that goes into the project. That is part of intellectual property.

Teaching should be a sharing experience. I too wish teachers who used
my ideas, first understood
the concepts and then make the process their own. But, too often they
don't. This is a major reason
I've always been against merit pay. I don't want teachers competing
against each other. I want them
helping each other improve. That's one reason I sell/share my
lessons. But my district bought one of
my lessons for a "limited access" web site they were doing. I felt
proud and they paid me quite well for the lesson.
Then, they informed me that they now "owned the lesson" so I could no
longer sell or share this
lesson to others. I was mad, then just upset, but I never removed the
lesson from my CD. Perhaps
they will come after me someday and sue me. I doubt it, I'm sure they
have moved on to some new
foolish project paid for by some new grant money.
                                                                                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons