Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] my response- still about poaching

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 11:21:42 PDT

On Oct 19, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Peggy Woolsey wrote:

> So It's not so much the "poaching" but the fact that I am concerned
> about the level of understanding
> that goes into the project. That is part of intellectual property.

Teaching should be a sharing experience. I too wish teachers who used
my ideas, first understood
the concepts and then make the process their own. But, too often they
don't. This is a major reason
I've always been against merit pay. I don't want teachers competing
against each other. I want them
helping each other improve. That's one reason I sell/share my
lessons. But my district bought one of
my lessons for a "limited access" web site they were doing. I felt
proud and they paid me quite well for the lesson.
Then, they informed me that they now "owned the lesson" so I could no
longer sell or share this
lesson to others. I was mad, then just upset, but I never removed the
lesson from my CD. Perhaps
they will come after me someday and sue me. I doubt it, I'm sure they
have moved on to some new
foolish project paid for by some new grant money.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM 87199-1703