Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] my response- still about poaching

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 11:08:24 PDT

        Thank you, I really appreciated your comments. You more carefully
articulated some of my thinking. I especially liked your comment:

> It should be good because they will have prior knowledge
> when you get to introduce it, extend it, and differentiate
> it. If you teach the process and don't micro-manage
> the product all of the results are going to as varied
> as your students.

I too often worry about teachers who use their students as
paintbrushes where all the products come out too much the same.
I watched myself to ensure this did not happen in my classroom.
Your comment:

> teach the process and don't micro-manage the product
is a very important concept in teaching art.

Also, you comment about those we disagree with:

> if you disagree with
> someone just hit delete or ignore their posts- sort of
> like the grumpy teacher down the hall that you avoid!
> - Mikel

                                Keep on posting, Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons