Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Advise needed on finishing sculptue project

From: Sheri Fried (sfried68_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 09:53:48 PDT

Regarding your students' reaction to your preference
of how to finish the busts:
Why not let them make the choice of how to finish it?
They saw your sample, learned the technique by your
demo, heard info about, but if their preference is to
use regular glazes, I say,"let them!" The learning is
still there, even if they don't try it themselves.
Why should all of the sculptures look like yours?
You might be suprised to see that some students will
try your technique, and some might use glaze and have
marvelous results!
Good luck!

Do You Yahoo!?