RE:[teacherartexchange] poaching other art teachers ideas

---------

From: AClaire (yah1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 02:07:56 PDT

 Yes Marvin, I think you are right! It's fun to see how the teachers are
"copying" my ideas (some that I have found/adapted of course somewhere
else!), sometimes they are great imitations, and sometimes they give me new
ideas... But overall, it's very important to see that they are liking what I
am doing, and trying to repeat it. Maybe in the future, there will be art
classes mandatory for all the kids and grades... Who knows... The school
where I teach is Science/Math oriented which is not a bad thing, just that
it's an incomplete education, of course.

I have been educated in french schools where art (and music) are mandatory
for everybody at least until kids are 15... There is a discipline called
"Visual Education" in Portuguese schools that appears in the kids curriculum
between 10 and 15 years old but most of the time, the works the kids are
asked to do are poorly presented, not motivating and the kids feel at loss,
especially because between 6 and 10 years old, there is no art AT ALL!!!!!
Needless to say my main "clients" are kids between 6 and 10... Wonder why...
;-)

Anne-Claire