Re: [teacherartexchange] Advise needed on finishing sculptue project

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 18:01:37 PDT

I think alot of this is a maturity issue. They don't really care about the
finished product, they just want to use every color there is! What I do is
to offer 2-3 ways of finishing their project. Letting them paint their
project a solid color (black) and sponge gray or gold to simulate marble or
stone is one technique. Yours could be another. By offering limited choice
they still get a choice, maybe not the one they originally wanted, but a
choice all the same. When they know you will only allow them to use limited
finishes they will be more willing to accept those choices that "aren't
pretty", which interprets to "new and foreign concepts". They'll come
around, but you have to convince them! :-)
~Michal