Re: [teacherartexchange] Advise needed on finishing sculptue project

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 17:37:57 PDT

Joe,

Due to my budget I have developed a way of painting
red earthenware with tempra paint then seal it with a
matt gloss. I first have students paint the project
black and then wipe off most of the black. The black
stains the red surface and settles in the groves and
indents of the texture. I then have them apply a
single or multiple earthtone color(s) to the surface.
The colors are drybrushed on so the surface is still
visible somewhat. It gives the pieces an old/aged
look keep the pieces organic. I then seal the works
with matt gloss. Just a suggestion.

Jeff (minnesota)