[teacherartexchange] wikipedia museums

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 03:24:10 PDT

You all probably use Wikipedia all the time but I
thought this was such a good page on museums. At least
my students need to know why we go to museums.
Personally, I think all kinds of collections people
make are so interesting. Today I have a small
after-school group going to a historical home just
down the street from our school. So we will look
briefly at this page with my classes today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum

From the site: A museum is typically a "permanent
institution in the service of society and of its
development, open to the public, which acquires,
conserves, researches, communicates and exhibits, for
purposes of study, education, enjoyment, the tangible
and intangible evidence of people and their
environment."

Beth