Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] kid safe/food safe glazes

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 09:16:07 PDT

Greetings Leah,

Amaco makes a number of food safe/kid safe glazes. Check your art
supply catalogs. All catalogs have them clearly marked.

Here is some information about their glazes:

Here is a complete 47 page pdf file:
You can order a free copy:

Some of the LG series are not food safe. All of the F series are safe for food.

I have had good luck with all F series glazes.

Judy Decker

On 10/17/06, leah wrote:
> Hi all -
> I am a serious novice when it comes to glazes - I know only this - the
> glazes I used at the adult pottery classes I've taken were toxic and would
> never be allowed in school.
> I just got a potters wheel -and we are going to do a fund raiser in the
> spring - sort of an "empty bowl" kind of thing - but I want the kids to
> make bowls they can glaze and that are food safe...

To unsubscribe go to