Re: [teacherartexchange] kid safe/food safe glazes

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 09:16:07 PDT

Greetings Leah,

Amaco makes a number of food safe/kid safe glazes. Check your art
supply catalogs. All catalogs have them clearly marked.

Here is some information about their glazes:
http://www.sheffield-pottery.com/Amaco_Glazes_Usage_and_Safety_Information_s/337.htm

Here is a complete 47 page pdf file:
http://www.amaco.com/pdfs/C5.pdf
You can order a free copy:
http://www.amaco.com/php/grouphome1.php?catID=63&GROUP_ID=7&CATEGORY_ID=63&TITLE_NAME=Product%20Encyclopedia

Some of the LG series are not food safe. All of the F series are safe for food.

I have had good luck with all F series glazes.

Judy Decker