[teacherartexchange] kid safe/food safe glazes

---------

From: leah from work (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 08:33:16 PDT

Hi all -

I am a serious novice when it comes to glazes - I know only this - the
glazes I used at the adult pottery classes I've taken were toxic and would
never be allowed in school.

I just got a potters wheel -and we are going to do a fund raiser in the
spring - sort of an "empty bowl" kind of thing - but I want the kids to
make bowls they can glaze and that are food safe...

I suspect that there are many of you out there with WAY more experience than
I - (I also have a parent willing to buy the glaze)

Suggestions please!!!!

thanks - Leah