RE: [teacherartexchange] Borrowing lesson ideas

---------

From: John Schuler (schulerart1028_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 08:30:54 PDT

Amen to that! You should request a district wide content meeting to discuss
these issues. I was very reactive in my curriculum when I was younger. Now
that I have a few gray hairs I've learned to be proactive. When I have a
cool new lesson I want to try, I e-mail the high school teachers (I teach
middle school) to check if they do that or a similar lesson. It is more
work but I think it is how I would want to be treated.

Here is a sad story about lesson poaching. A wonderful teacher presented a
lesson at our state convention a few years ago. Another teacher took this
lady's handouts and printed them in book of lessons that she was selling.
Needless to say she was angry, hurt and a host of other feelings. We just
need to be considerate of others.