Re: [teacherartexchange] Fees for firing in a kiln

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 07:38:17 PDT

Hi Trish,

I did a Google search and found the following rates....

.03 per cubic inch

This would take too long to measure each piece.

I also found this rate for full and half kiln:

Full 7 cu. ft. electric kiln rental $75
Half kiln $40

How big is your kiln? You could charge $10.00 per cubic foot.

Keep in mind that you will be responsible for turning up the switches
and monitoring (unless your kiln is one of those new computerized
ones).

I suggest, too, that you check locally and find out what the going
rate is... then offer a better deal than what they charge.

Judy

--
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/