[teacherartexchange] poaching other art teachers ideas

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 03:10:10 PDT

Hi, I wanted to check in on this thread. People who know me from the list
from way back know this has been a issue for me with another art teacher.
When she first started teaching at our school she would breeze in on Monday
and skin one hand out off the top of all my hard earned home made hand
outs. I tried hiding the hand outs. I tried not using handouts. She would
switch to running in and "Borrowing " my best visuals and making scan
copies. After ten years I know she is hopeless about this. I have made my
separate peace with it by requesting that I teach only Art one this year.
This makes here poaching irrelevant. For this year at least. She continues
to randomly do what ever her hormones dictate even with a sequenced
curriculum on the books. For other people I would suggest being very clear
to the poaching teacher that it is not fair to the students to do that as
it is like having them read "lord of the Flies" in 9th grade and than "lord
of the Flies" in 10th grade.
I am a teacher who always is willing to share ideas, I just want the
sequencing, and I what never to hear " Oh we already with that with Mz.
Poacher" "we already did that too, with Mz Poacher" on and on..
Happy October.... anyone ready to talk "Day of the Dead" ideas?