Re: [teacherartexchange] the benefits of three dimensional work/grant proposal

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 20:16:08 PDT

My first thoughts are that it helps develop both small and large motor
skills. It is also a form of art that is often overlooked. Many students
today feel that the "really good" artists in their class are the ones who
draw well. This leaves out a very real form of expression. Many students
find they can express themselves easily with clay, and it often has a
calming effect with students. And because clay in the elementary doesn't
come with a predefined set of "rules" like drawing does, ALL students feel
successful.

There will probably be better answers soon - the pain medication I'm on is a
killer AND it is past my bedtime - but that's what I think of right off the
top of my head.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids