Re: [teacherartexchange] Borrowing lesson ideas

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 15:44:26 PDT

I'm not opposed to others doing my lessons otherwise I would not have
put them
out there for anyone to utilize (my CD's). But I always cautioned
other art teachers
to "make them their own". By trying them out and adapting them to
their own personal
vision. An art lesson plan is not like a Betty Crocker recipe for
chocolate brownies.
You must understand the concepts underlying the lesson, it must fit
your vision of
how you teach and it should sequence into the earlier and later
lessons you are doing.
The teacher who simply tries to do the lesson as a recipe will fail.
I have stolen my
best lessons but I made them mine by trying them out and adapting
them to
what I wanted to accomplish. It is our job, as professionals, to
teach other teachers to
understand how to adapt others ideas and how to make them their own.
Others helped
us develop into a successful art teachers. It's now our turn to help
others. In the end
it's for the students and for the continued growth of our profession.
                                                Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons