[teacherartexchange] Theft in the art room

---------

From: leah from work (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 08:17:36 PDT

oh - one other thing I do - - is: NOTHING COMES IN - NOTHING GOES OUT, I
won't have kids bring their own supplies - that way I know they should leave
empty handed. My room is ITTY BITTY - so no back packs, lunch boxes, books -
nothing. Some of the older girls carry a purse so, they leave that on my
chair...

When we clean up - I give the room a quick eye-ball check and all the table
supplies should be in their places, if not we stay until they are!

I hear your frustration about the administration insinuating that it is your
fault - but I am a hard nose with the kids about it -they baulk - but they
sure know where I stand.

 -Leah