Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] theft in the art room - x-acto knives and other special items

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2006 - 14:28:11 PDT

I read this on the list awhile back and it is an awesome idea! I have a 2x4
block of wood with 30 holes drilled in. If there is an empty hole it is
immediately obvious not all knives are returned. I haven't done it with any
other tools. I tried identifying numbers but I needed something that didn't
require very much effort on my part - I "forget"! *L* Another trick I do is
to take a strip of colored electrical tape and wrap around my sharpies - you
can tell quickly which ones are mine from across the room. I prefer red, but
have blue as well. I love reading all the "theft deterrents" and
organizational tips when these topics get going. I have adapted so many
times throughout the years because of ideas I get from the list!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids