Re:[teacherartexchange] theft in the art room - x-acto knives and other special items

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2006 - 09:39:56 PDT

For items such as X-acto knives, you could create a special holder
(out of wood or another material) with a spot made for each knife.
That way you could see if any were missing. If you really had
problems with theft, you could number the knives and have a
designated numbered spot in the holder. Each kid is assigned a
particular number. That way you could see exactly whose is missing.
I did the same with special sets of markers - such as Overwriters.
Gosh I miss those :) A hole was drilled for each marker, with the cap
hot-glued into the hole. Never lost any. It's also a good way to
store the markers, as the ink is towards the tip.

Melissa