Re: [teacherartexchange] theft in the art room

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2006 - 09:22:45 PDT

I have a rule for my X-acto knives at the high school and tubs at the
elementary. After a quick check at the beginning of class to ensure that all
supplies are there, NOBODY leaves until all supplies are in their proper
place at the end of class. One year I had a middle school class that
"couldn't find" a missing X-acto knife. I kept them 20 minutes past the
bell, and it magically "appeared" in the magazine cabinet. That one time has
become legend and I have never had a problem with the X-acto knives again.
~Michal