Re:[teacherartexchange] stealing from art room

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2006 - 06:06:28 PDT

I have had the same frustrations as many of you have
experienced over the years concerning taking things
from the art room. I did have a hilarious incident
many years ago concerning stealing, however. I was in
the middle of a paper mache bird project with second
graders, which required real feathers to finish the
bird's wings,tail and head. When I lined up the kids
to leave, one student commented that "Susey" had a
feather coming out of her shirt. I looked over to see
that Susey did indeed have a feather fall out of her
shirt, and that she had also mysteriously gained
weight before my very eyes. As I approached, I noticed
more feathers falling out of her shirt, from the
bottom, sides and arms! Susey had stuffed her shirt
full of the most colorful feathers in my room, to the
tune of literally handfulls of them, which made Susey
resemble a stuffed pillow! After making the
appropriate admonitions to her and the others about
stealing things from the art room, I promptly
dismissed the class and had a good laugh! How can you
fault a kid for loving colored feathers?

Vigilance, Jerry

www.artguyvilenski.com