[teacherartexchange] Sculpture Resources to check out

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 11:28:07 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I found these resources recommended by Dr. Craig Roland....

http://mati.eas.asu.edu:8421/ChicanArte/unit2/index.html
Images of Me: An Inquiry Based Sculpture Unit features "moveable"
reproductions of Chicana/o sculptures and four lesson plans through
which secondary students reflect on their own identities and express
those identities in sculptural form.

(I noticed that the formatting was off when I checked these lesson
pages. Copying and pasting into a Word document makes it easier to
read.)

http://www.stlouis.art.museum/sfysculpture/index.html
The Saint Louis Art Museum and Laumeier Sculpture Park created
See For Yourself: Sculpture to provide middle-school students and
teachers with interactive learning experiences about sculpture and an
introduction to select works of art from the collections of each
institutions.

http://www.sculpture.org/documents/curriculm/index.shtml
The International Sculpture Center, Grounds for Sculpture and
Nottingham High School in Hamilton, New Jersey collaborated on Up
Close: A Focus on Contemporary Sculpture, which consists of six units
of study on contemporary sculpture.

Check out Dr. Roland's blog for more web sightings:
http://www.artjunction.org/blog/

I have added these sculpture resources to my page on Abstract Sculpture.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/