Re: [teacherartexchange] theft in the art room

---------

rpopek_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 05:33:27 PDT

I see that as being really difficult. I have caught students sticking things in their pockets on occasion. It usually happens when we are working with Model Magic. They save pieces to take home. I try the direct approach by saying "Are you planning on taking my stuff home?" Usually if they have something they will sheepishly give it back. But you kind of have to know who's the culprit to take that approach. Perhaps instead of scissors for every student for example give one or two per table and they have to share them. Then before they leave the room all supplies go to the center of the table so you can see if each table has their allotment and nothing is missing. If they get less to work with then maybe they will stop?? Not sure but it's a thought.
Good luck.

I dont' seem to be having my responses posting to the list serve for some reason so not sure if this will get through? If someone reads this can you acknoledge it? I think my post should also come back to my e-mail address but that is not happening.
Renee