RE: [teacherartexchange] borrowing supplies

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 17:18:40 PDT

For point of discussion, I am going to assume that kids are kids where ever
you are, and that borrowing supplies for posters, cheerleading, plays etc,
is a matter of poor preparation and afterthought. Most likely their advisors
suggested that they buy or bring in the supplies, and the kids themselves
thought it would be easier to borrow from the art teacher. Also kids being
kids are spur of the moment thinkers, and to ask them weeks or months later
to help with putting up an art show, would be tantemount to hitting your dog
three days later for peeing on the carpet today. We have 'trained' advisors
and teachers in our school to go to the main office for supplies or to buy
their own, after we explain that our budget only covers our classes. Not
that we are total meanies either, because we do have an art club, that has
over the years painted sets, silkscreened posters etc for the school, but we
have gotten money for those supplies from the group that requested the work
(i.e. the drama department for the sets had a budget to share with us).

San D