Re: [teacherartexchange] borrowing supplies

---------

From: Miriam Tobola (Miriam.Tobola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 07:04:09 PDT

I often have other teachers borrow items from my room. I have a checkout
sheet that they sign that lists the item(s) borrowed and the borrow date
along with who borrowed it. This way I know who to contact if something
isn't returned in a reasonable amount of time.

In the past there was a problem on pep rally days, homecoming, etc. with
lots of items being borrowed and not returned. So I spoke with
administration, explained the cost issue to replace the items and we
worked together to order items that are kept in a box in the school supply
room marked for these occasions. The box includes paint in school colors,
glue, scissors, paint brushes, glitter, etc. Now when someone comes
looking for items to decorate for these occasions I can direct them to
that box. The adminstration uses a small amount of student council funds
to keep the box stocked.

:)Miriam
(in North Dakota, keeping warm despite the snow!)