[teacherartexchange] borrowing supplies

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 03:10:42 PDT

What I hate most are the ones who interrupt your class, sending a student
to do their borrowing for them.
ONE: say "I can't stop right now please come back before or after school."
Or "This is not a good time, come back between classes"*( IN my school this
cures 80% of them)
TWO: Photo copy a note that goes in all teachers mail boxes, Saying sweetly
that the disruptions are adding up, with many people not knowing that this
happens multiple times a day/week..In the note say "If you have extra they
are welcome to come before or after school with their requests"
THREE: ask for extras of your ordering catalogs Like 5 extras. Put one in
their mail box of each of the worst offenders with a sweet note saying, " I
got an extra catalog for you so you can order those art supplies you have
been borrowing"
FOUR- I now have the markers the construction paper the obvious things in
no visual areas so I can say, "Sorry , I am short on that color, or "I
stopped buying markers"(this is true by the way)
FIVE- re paint brushes. I save the awful ones in a can and offer the can to
the borrower. They never want the crappy brushes and they never come back.
SIX- never loan your glitter to anyone. I have lost more 1 pound cans of
glitter over the years than I care to remember.
Randy VERY grateful that it is Friday.