Sorry to be a buzzkill here but there are MANY people allergic to latex. I
know this from personal experience with my son. Balloons release a LOT of
latex into the air especially if they burst. If an allergic person puts one
in their mouth, they may only get a local reaction, or they could have their
airway swell shut! If you have a child with Spina Bifida, they are highly
susceptible to latex allergies and can actually react to airborne latex from
balloons in any setting. I would avoid them in a school setting at all
costs. Latex allergy is progressive. You never know when the 911 experience
is going to happen.
Any questions feel free to email me off list.