[teacherartexchange] AP Questions....

---------

From: Elaine M. Zobro (ZOBROE_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 20:07:27 PDT

Hello All,
I sent out a message a while back inquiring about AP Art ideas that work well in the classroom. If anyone has any great project ideas they can share with me I would greatly appreciate it. It is my first year teaching AP and I have Art Three students in the same class.
One more thing - We have not gotten our AP calenders and there are a couple cocerns that I have...I have read online about it, but was still unsure about students' usages of WORDS - MIXED MEDIA. IF a student were creating a DRAWING portfolio could they still create artowrk using mixed media? I thought that this would be okay, but the student said last year that Drawing was not so experimental. If the drawing shows line quality, is a good composition - drawing techniques...I would think it would be okay to add mixed media in.
The other quesiton I had is similar to this...What if a student were to do a piece that had a lot of words in it. I have seen some AP artowork which combines words - what if the words are the primary focus in the paiting?

Hopefully someone can help me out with any part of this email

Thanks, Elaine - MI