Re: [teacherartexchange] middle schoolers retaining art history

---------

From: Jeannie Browning (paintslingr_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 17:33:47 PDT

Michal, You are TOO GOOD! Great ideas.
And you bring up a great word:

Ownership
A good word
A powerful word

How to invoke ownership in a group of people?

A few general ideas:

Let them plan a part of the process/event.
Let them come up with answers/solutions to questions/problems.
Let them succeed at a game, puzzle, or whodunit.
Let them receive praise, recognition.

What are some other ways of invoking ownership?
How does your admin get your faculty to participate in a new program?