[teacherartexchange] amazing clay reconstitution idea

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2006 - 03:28:15 PDT

Hi this is Randy checking in from chilly Maine,
My current student teacher who is amazing found another way to re
constitute hard 25 pound blocks of low fire clay. She wired it into one
inch slices putting a healthy amount (about an 1 inch)of slip between the
slices and stack it back up and put it back in the bag. After 24 hours the
clay really softened. We were also using the sopping wet towel wrapped
around a block and re bagged as well. We were delighted at how we took 12
50 pound boxes back to usable consistency. The clay was only a year old by
the way. How ever I stored it near the heat. Bad idea.
We are doing the Empty bowls project right now.
Than in November all five of my classes are creating ATC cards SO I know I
had several teacher interested in them from last spring???... reply to me
offlist? If you wish to exchange some.Randy