Re: [teacherartexchange] Too young for blind contour drawing?

---------

go4art_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 15:46:56 PDT

ok, part time, that makes much more sense now ;-) also, the kids love
it when we contours portraits on mirrors with overhead markers and
white crayon on white paper then go over with watercolor!
creatively, Linda in Oregon

Excuse me for not being clearer about my situation--I'm teaching part
time. Part time teaching in high school still means I have to go
every day but the middle school operates on a days off schedule (for
me). I also am really enjoying students who are not quite so demented
by boy girl preoccupation, fatigued by after school jobs, and/ or
thoroughly negative about school (only partially negaive at this
stage). I also do not miss the cigarette, drug patrols, the school
fights or all the students who are bigger than me. I like that most
every student really likes to come to art class. Thanks for the info
on blind contour. I tried it today--the 5/6 were a bit iffy on it,
but 7 and 8 did great
Peggy
On 4-Oct-06, at 1:52 AM, go4art@juno.com wrote:

> My 6th graders do them successfully. I am wondering though, how does
> switching to middle school afford you more time to work on your
> masters?!
> creatively, Linda in Oregon

Oh, dear, it's probably too late to say this, but switching to middle
school is not the way to have more time. I do hope you have a lot of
fun but you will have to hang on for the ride and will probably start
going to sleep a lot earlier each evening.

Linda