Re: [teacherartexchange] textile/fashion design for teens?

---------

From: Jeannie Browning (paintslingr_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 16:30:10 PDT

Ms. Dembrowsky,

Yes, a chance to design their own textiles will definitely engage teenagers.
Your project simply has to consider their experiences and culture, which is
what your exhibit portrays.
They will know the styles of their age group, and the various "cliques" of
their school or neighborhood. Be prepared to deal with possible "gang"
symbols if you allow this kind of freedom. You may want to give them
parameters or guidelines for their designs, or talk about creating a pattern
to be printed on cloth, etc.

Happy Art-ing!