Re: [teacherartexchange] Too young for blind contour drawing?

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 11:40:20 PDT

Excuse me for not being clearer about my situation--I'm teaching part
time. Part time teaching in high school still means I have to go
every day but the middle school operates on a days off schedule (for
me). I also am really enjoying students who are not quite so demented
by boy girl preoccupation, fatigued by after school jobs, and/ or
thoroughly negative about school (only partially negaive at this
stage). I also do not miss the cigarette, drug patrols, the school
fights or all the students who are bigger than me. I like that most
every student really likes to come to art class. Thanks for the info
on blind contour. I tried it today--the 5/6 were a bit iffy on it,
but 7 and 8 did great
Peggy
On 4-Oct-06, at 1:52 AM, go4art@juno.com wrote:

> My 6th graders do them successfully. I am wondering though, how does
> switching to middle school afford you more time to work on your
> masters?!
> creatively, Linda in Oregon

Oh, dear, it's probably too late to say this, but switching to middle
school is not the way to have more time. I do hope you have a lot of
fun but you will have to hang on for the ride and will probably start
going to sleep a lot earlier each evening.

Linda