[teacherartexchange] textile/fashion design for teens?

---------

From: Dembrowsky, Maria (Maria.Dembrowsky_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 10:11:21 PDT

Hello,

I have a group of high school students coming to view an exhibition of contemporary art that uses fashion to address collective and individual identity; conformity to social traditions; and social status. In addition to the general tour, I was thinking of having them design their own textiles but wasn't sure if that would engage older teens. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Maria Dembrowsky
Assistant Exhibitions Manager
Queens Library Gallery
89-11 Merrick Boulevard
Jamaica, New York 11432

t. 718.990.8665
f. 718.291.8936
www.queenslibrary.org/gallery

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.